32 Freeland - Expression of Interest
Please be advised that applications are now closed and successful applicants will be contacted shortly
- Application deadline is 5pm on September 23rd, 2022.
- Only one Expression of Interest per household.
- Duplicate or incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Please indicate if you have barrier free or accessible needs
- Please note that 32 Freeland will be a smoke free building
- We will be offering a total of 100 suites
- Occupancy is scheduled for Fall of 2022
- Last year’s Canada Revenue Agency’s Notice of Assessment for each member of the household over the age of 16
- Copy of each member’s Canadian passport, permanent resident card, Canadian Citizenship Certificate/ card, Birth certificate, etc
- If applicable, attach proof of enrollment in a recognized educational institution
Affordable Housing Eligibility
To be eligible for affordable rental housing, a household must meet all of the following criteria upon occupancy:
-At least one member of the household is 16 years old or older and is able to live
-Every member of the household is either:
-A Canadian citizen
-A permanent resident of Canada or has applied for permanent resident status, or
-A refugee claimant or Convention refugee
-Have a household income that is not more than four times the annualized rent (monthlyoccupancy cost x 4 x 12 at initial occupancy)
In addition, the household must not:
-Have arrears with a social housing provider; unless the household has entered into arepayment plan with that provider and the repayment plan is in good standing
-Own a home suitable for year-round occupation
-Have an enforceable removal order against them
Tenant Selection: Random Draw Process
Pinnacle International will manage and assign a random number to each applicant. The City of Toronto will provide oversight for the selection process. We ask that only one expression of interest per household. Duplicate or incomplete applications will not be processed.
After all forms are collected and the random draw takes place, successful applicants will be contacted to proceed with the approval process. Applicants will have 5 days to respond with the completed application and supporting documents. If you do not respond in those 5 days, you will lose your opportunity and the next person in line will be given status.
Approved applicants will be notified with the unit they have been awarded. Approved applicants will be requested to submit a last month’s rent deposit within two days of approval and complete signing of the residential tenant agreement.
Order of preference for units will be within the City of Toronto’s occupancy standards and not the most desirable to the applicant.
Please do not give notice to your current landlord until a signed lease by all parties is completed and the deposit has been paid.
If the applicant refuses the unit offered to them or fails to complete the application process in the required timeline, the application will default on their application.